Brand Name: Bilastegic 20mg Tablet
Each Bilastegic 20mg tablet contains:
Bilastine 20 mg
- Is used to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (sneezing, itchy nose, nasal secretion, nasal congestion and red, streaming eyes) and other forms of allergic rhinitis. It can also be used to treat itchy skin rashes (wheals or urticaria)
Dosage and Administration
- The recommended dose in adults is one tablet per day (20 mg), also taking into account elderly patients and adolescents aged 12 years or more..
- Children 6 to 11 years of age with a body weight of at least 20kg
- 10 mg bilastine (4 ml of oral solution) once daily for the relief of symptoms of allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (Seasonal allergic rhinitis and perennial allergic rhinitis) and urticaria
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients
Warnings and precautions
- Efficacy and safety of bilastine in children under 2 years of age have not been established and there is little clinical experience in children aged 2 to 5 years; therefore, bilastine should not be used in these age groups.
- In patients with moderate or severe renal impairment co-administration of bilastine with P-glycoprotein (P-gp) inhibitors, e.g. ketoconazole, erythromycin, cyclosporine, ritonavir or diltiazem, may increase plasmatic levels of bilastine and, therefore, increase the risk of adverse effects of bilastine. Therefore, co-administration of bilastine and P-gp inhibitors should be avoided in patients with moderate or severe renal impairment
- headache, allergic conjunctivitis, rhinitis and abdominal pain
Bilastegic is a peripheral histamine H1-antagonist used to treat seasonal allergic rhinitis and chronic spontaneous urticaria
Bilastegic 20mg Tablet : Box containing 2 blisters of 10 tablets each