Brand Name: Norpregna 30mg Tablet.
Each Norpregna Tablet 30 mg contains: Ulipristal acetate ..................................................... 30 mg
- is a progesterone agonist/antagonist emergency contraceptive indicated for the prevention of pregnancy following unprotected intercourse or a known or suspected contraceptive failure.
- Norpregna is not intended for routine use as a contraceptive.
Dosage and Administration
- One tablet taken orally as soon as possible, within 120 hours (5 days) after unprotected intercourse or a known or suspected contraceptive failure
- The tablet can be taken with or without food
- Known or suspected pregnancy
Warnings and precautions:
- Norpregna is not indicated for termination of an existing pregnancy. Exclude pregnancy before administering.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Women who become pregnant or complain of lower abdominal pain after taking Norpregna should be evaluated for ectopic pregnancy.
- Effect on menstrual cycle: Norpregna may alter the next expected menses. If menses is delayed beyond 1 week, pregnancy should be ruled out.
- Norpregna does not protect against STI/HIV.
- The most common adverse reactions (≥5%) in the clinical trials were headache (18%), abdominal pain (12%), nausea (12%), dysmenorrhea (9%), fatigue (6%), and dizziness (5%). (6)
Norpregna is a selective, reversible progestin receptor modulator and its tissue targets include the uterus, cervix, ovaries, and hypothalamus. Ulipristal may act as an agonist or antagonist in the presence or absence of progesterone based on the tissue target. If given mid-follicular phase, development of the follicle growth is delayed and estradiol concentrations decrease. If given at the time when luteinizing hormone peaks, follicular rupture is delayed by several days. If given early-luteal phase, a decrease in endometrial thickness can be observed
Norpregna Tablet 30 mg: Box containing 1 blister of 2 tablets.
36 Al Sheikh Mohammed Al Nadi St., Off Mostafa El Nahaas St. 6th District. Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt.