Brand Name: Vasocontrol 5/12.5 mg Plus Tablet.
Each Vasocontrol 5/12.5 mg Plus Tablet contains:
Nebivolol / Hydrochlorothiazide ........................................................5/12.5 mg
Each Vasocontrol 5/25 mg Plus Tablet contains:
Nebivolol / Hydrochlorothiazide..................................................5/25mg.
- is used for the treatment of raised blood pressure (hypertension).
Dosage and Administration:
- Once daily
- if you are allergic to nebivolol or to hydrochlorothiazide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to other sulfonamide-derived substances (like hydrochlorothiazide, which is a sulfonamide-derived drug
- if you have one or more of the following disorders:
○ very slow heartbeat (less than 60 beats per minute)
○ certain other serious heart rhythm problems (e.g. sick sinus syndrome, sino-atrial block, 2nd, and 3rd-degree atrioventricular block).
○ Heart failure, which has just occurred or which has recently become worse, or you are receiving treatment for circulatory shock due to acute heart failure by intravenous drip feed to help your heart work
○ low blood pressure
○ serious circulation problems in the arms or legs
○ untreated pheochromocytoma, a tumor located on top of the kidneys (in the adrenal glands)
○ severe kidney problems, complete absence of urine (anuria)
○ a metabolic disorder (metabolic acidosis), e.g., diabetic ketoacidosis.
○ asthma or wheezing (now or in the past)
○ liver function disorder
○ high blood calcium, low blood potassium, low blood sodium levels that are persistent and resistant to treatment
○ high uric acid levels with gout symptoms
Warnings and precautions:
- a type of chest pain due to spontaneously occurring heart cramp, called Prinzmetal angina
- 1st-degree heart block (a kind of mild heart conduction impairment that affects heart rhythm)
- abnormally slow heartbeat
- untreated chronic heart failure
- lupus erythematosus (a disorder of the immune system, i.e. your body’s defense system)
- psoriasis (a skin disease characterized by scaly pink patches) or if you have ever had psoriasis
- overactive thyroid gland: this medicine may mask the signs of an abnormally fast heart rate due to this condition
- poor circulation in the arms or legs, e.g. Raynaud’s disease or syndrome, cramp-like pains when walking
- allergy: this medicine may intensify your reaction to pollen or other substances you are allergic to
- prolonged breathing problems
- diabetes: this medicine could conceal the warning signs of a low sugar level (e.g. palpitations, fast heartbeat); your doctor will also tell you to check your blood sugar more often while taking Vasocontrol Plus, as the dose of your antidiabetic drugs may need to be adjusted
- kidney problems: your doctor will check your kidney function to make sure it does not get worse. If you have serious kidney problems do not take Vasocontrol Plus
- if you tend to have low blood potassium, and especially if you suffer from prolonged QT syndrome (a kind of ECG abnormality) or you are taking digitalis (to help your heart pump); you are more likely to have low blood potassium if you suffer from liver cirrhosis or have had too rapid a loss of water due to a strong diuretic treatment, or if your intake of potassium with food and drinks is inadequate
- If you have to have surgery, always inform your anesthetist that you are on Vasocontrol Plus before being anesthetized.
- if you have had skin cancer or if you develop an unexpected skin lesion during the treatment. Treatment with hydrochlorothiazide, particularly long-term use with high doses, may increase the risk of some types of skin and lip cancer (non-melanoma skin cancer). Protect your skin from sun exposure and UV rays while taking Vasocontrol Plus.
- if you experience a decrease in vision or eye pain. These could be symptoms of fluid accumulation in the vascular layer of the eye (choroidal effusion) or an increase of pressure in your eye and can happen within hours to weeks of taking Vasocontrol Plus. This can lead to permanent vision loss, if not treated. If you earlier have had a penicillin or sulfonamide allergy, you can be at higher risk of developing this.
- if you experienced breathing or lung problems (including inflammation or fluid in the lungs) following hydrochlorothiazide intake in the past. If you develop any severe shortness of breath or difficulty breathing after taking Vasocontrol Plus, seek medical attention immediately
- an unusual burning, pricking, tickling, or tingling sensation
- shortness of breath
- swollen hands or feet
Vasocontrol Puls is a combination of two blood-pressure lowering medicines: Nebivolol and Hydrochlorothiazide. Nebivolol is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart to reduce heart rate and make the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that lowers blood pressure by removing extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Vasocontrol 5/12.5 mg Plus Tablet: Box containing 3 blisters of 10 tablets each.
Vasocontrol 5/25 mg Plus Tablet: Box containing 3 blisters of 10 tablets each.