Brand Name: Vonseca Tablet.
Each Vonseca 10mg tablet contains: vonoprazan ................................................. 10 mg.
Each Vonseca 20mg tablet contains: vonoprazan ...........................................20mg.
- Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection.
Dosage and Administration:
- Reflux oesophagitis.
○ Adult: 20 mg once daily for 4 weeks, may be followed by a further 4 weeks if necessary. Maintenance therapy of healing in patients with repeat recurrence or relapse: 10 mg once daily, may be increased to 20 mg once daily if needed.
- Gastric ulcer
○ Adult: 20 mg once daily for 8 weeks.
- Prophylaxis of NSAID-induced ulcers
○ Adult: Including cases that occur during low-dose aspirin therapy: 10 mg once daily.
- Duodenal ulcer
○ Adult: 20 mg once daily for 6 weeks.
- Eradication of H. pylori associated with peptic ulcer disease
- Adult: Adjunct in the triple therapy regimen with antibiotics: 20 mg bid for 7 days in combination with amoxicillin and clarithromycin. Alternatively, 20 mg bid may be given for 7 days in combination with amoxicillin and metronidazole.
- Concomitant use with atazanavir and rilpivirine.
Warnings and precautions:
- May mask symptoms of gastric malignancy.
- Renal and hepatic impairment.
- Significant: Clostridium difficile-associated infection, pseudomembranous colitis, increased intragastric pH, benign gastric polyps (prolonged use); increased risk of hip, spine, or wrist osteoporosis-related fractures (long-term use or high doses); hepatic function abnormalities, including liver injury. Rarely, hypomagnesaemia (prolonged use).
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Diarrhea, constipation, nausea, abdominal distention or discomfort, stomatitis, taste abnormality.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: Jaundice.
- Immune system disorders: Hypersensitivity reactions (e.g. urticaria, anaphylactic shock).
- Investigations: Increased AST, ALT, and gamma-glutamyl transferase.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: Rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, erythema multiforme, toxic epidermal necrolysis, drug eruption
Vonoprazan is a potassium-competitive acid blocker (PCAB). It competitively inhibits the binding of K ions to hydrogen/potassium-adenosine triphosphate (H+/K+-ATPase) enzyme system that acts as the proton pump of the gastric parietal cell, thereby inhibiting gastric acid production belong to the proton pump inhibitor group is a medication which reduces stomach acid.
Vonseca 10mg Tablet: Box containing 2 blisters of 10 tablets each.
Vonseca 20mg Tablet: Box containing 2 blisters of 10 tablets each.